Day 1 - Launceston to Derby
- We know you are bursting to hit the trails but take it easy and on route stop in to Clover Hill Wines, Tasmania's premier sparkling house. With a commanding view over the farmland and township below the architecturally designed cellar door is impressive any day of the week.
- Next up, see Lavendar for days as 650,000 plants stretch for 200kms on the world's largest privately owned lavendar farm, Bridestowe Estate. Take a farm tour, relax in Woodcroft Cafe, or simply live their story and waft in a sea of purple.
- Arrive in Derby and get a feel for the chain of pathways that weave through the North East temperate rainforest. Begin by exploring the trails known as Rusty Crusty, Axehead, Sawtooth, Rapids, Chain Gang, and Lake Derby.
- Retreat to Blue Derby Lodge, a purpose built mountain bike accommodation provider - they are bike friendly in every sense of the word.
- Pick up a feed at the local pub and meet some of the characters of the town before relaxing on the deck back at the lodge.
Day 2 - Blue Tier & Derby
- Up and at em this morning, today is what you've been waiting for. Vertigo's Blue Tier and Atlas Day Tour will have you experiencing what is famously known as the Derby charm for yourself.
- 18km of flow is ahead with tracks carving through Myrtle Beech forests, canopies of giant tree ferns, sliced with rivulets and climatising with the Big Chook descent.
- The halfway mark is lunch at the historic Weldborough Pub - feast on traditional pub style fare utilising Tasmanian produce and toast your new travel mates with a local craft beer or cider.
- The ride journey continues with a high speed descent on Atlas - one of the most renowned trails in Derby (and the globe). It meets Dambusters and as the name suggests it's circumnavigates the pristine Cascade Dam over nearly 10km of track.
- From the Dam, the mountain bike park is yours to explore before you arrive in Derby around mid-afternoon.
- Unwind back at your accommodation with a good book, more local produce, and a cosy night in by the wood-fire because after today's efforts...you deserve it.
Day 3 - Derby to Launceston
- Taking it a little more slowly this morning, meander along to Two Doors Down Cafe for a sneaky breakfast and coffee - after yesterday's mission you'll need some recovery food.
- If you are still up for more Enduro style experiences jump on board Vertigo MTB's Black Stump Multi Shuttle for a hat trick of trail head options. After 3 hours of hectic riding you'll be able to count Black Stump, Upper and Lower Flickety Sticks, and Return to Sender trails amongst your achievements.
- As you roll back in to town your visit to Derby is coming to a close. Pack up and hit the road as it's time to return to the heart of the North in Launceston.
- If you're not too exhausted, stops at Ralphs Falls in the Mt Victoria Forest Reserve near Ringarooma, and the House of Rhubarb in Scottsdale, will easily complete your afternoon.
- Let the locals take you on a guided adventure with Blue Derby Pods Ride offering a three-day experience paired with exclusive pod-style accommodation, and Mountain Bike Tasmania and Vertigo MTB operate regular tours, or take on the challenge of the trails independently. Whichever you choose, you are in store for rides you will relish.
- Bring your own bike, or if you need to hire pick one up from Vertigo MTB.