- Departing Launceston travel by car for 50 minutes to Low Head, the coastal suburb of George Town. East Beach is the place to be with white sand stretching for days; lay out your towel, grab a good book, and resurface in a few hours.
- Lagoon Bay is also a great spot to relax. With barbecue and picnic facilities and a children's playground we recommend taking the time to stop here for a snack.
- For the active at heart bicycle hire is available at the George Town visitor information centre and some great tracks are available. The Kanamaluka Walking and Cycling Trail weaves along stunning coastline and the 6km track stretches from George Town to Low Head past sights such as Lagoon Beach, Windmill Point and York Cove.
- Make your way across the Batman Bridge to Greens Beach but not before stopping in for a glass of wine or a picnic at your choice of vineyard. Be spoilt for choice with Moore's Hill Estate, Wines for Joanie, and Loira Vines all conveniently being en route.
- Greens Beach, a seaside community, is a great base for all sorts of maritime adventures. Fish, kayak, swim, snorkel, sunbake, or simply laze the afternoon away.
- Narawntapu National Park has three access points at Bakers Beach, Badger Head and Greens Beach. The latter has to be the best reward for least effort; from the carpark it is an easy 270 metre (295 yard) walk to the West Head lookout for spectacular clifftop views along Badger Head beach and beyond westward as far as Table Cape and the Dial Ranges behind Ulverstone.
- A seaside excursion is not complete without a feed of fish and chips - indulge on the beach from the local store, or stop by The River Cafe at Beauty Point on the drive home for a more formal setting.
- Stay married to the Tamar River and return to Launceston via the West Tamar Highway.
Discover nearby Kelso Beach and enjoy a great spot for fishing. You can access Garden Island on Clarence Point, now a barren lookout point at the mouth of the Tamar River. It was excavated and back filled towards the shore to improve the shipping channel in the river. There is good fishing here as well as a scenic lookout.